Posted on: January 21, 2023
Overview:Transit Mechanics needed at Concord, California.
Transdev is actively seeking ASE certified technicians for their
Paratransit Service in Concord, California. We are looking for
qualified and experienced fleet technicians to diagnose and repair
vehicles and equipment, with daily safety inspections, under
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive Wages
- $1,500 signing bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including Paid Time Off, health
(medical, dental, and vision) and group life insurance
- ASE Certification Bonus YearlyResponsibilities:
- Ensure Buses operate safe and reliable by performing high
quality preventative maintenance inspections and repairs to
minimize down time
- Perform Road call repairs
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned
transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach
systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Other duties as required
- Keep Assigned work area cleanQualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED
- Maintenance experience
- Mechanic B level: 3-4 years, Mechanic C level: 2 years
- Commercial Driving License with passenger endorsement (We offer
development opportunities for obtaining your license must be
obtained in 90-day probation period)
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret
safety documents, schematics and other mechanical diagrams.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a
background and a drug test
- Work independently
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
needed shift rotation.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Minimum 2-year recent bus repair experience
- ASE preferred
- Strong knowledge AC systems, and various equipment engines,
transmissions, starting and charging systems, electrical systems,
and component overhaul procedures required.
- Ability to operate hoists, machine tools and other related
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to comprehend parts books and maintenance manuals,
and accurately complete any necessary reports or other
- Must Possess basic computer knowledge
- Drug testing and background check
- Testing related to job requirements Associated topics:
backfill, building maintenance, fertilizer, grounds maintenance,
jardinero, landfill, lawn, plant, resurface, sweep
Keywords: transdevna, Antioch , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Antioch, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!