Assistant Department Manager - On-Call Emergency Department, ED - Antioch
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 8, 2021
- Manages activities of the unit(s),
monitors quality, service and utilization standards. Supervises the
day to day shift activities.Essential Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff
development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of
approximately 20 - 60+ employees. Ensures the highest quality of
care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and
local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies
and procedures. Utilization of services. Monitors the quality of
service and utilization standards and assumes specific
responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures
coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost
effective utilization of services.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on
continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best
level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to
achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches,
identifies, and implements best practice models of other units.
Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding
patient care. Supervises the daily unit operations, including human
resources management, department and employee safety programs, and
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- High school diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required by date of hire.
- Current BLS certification required.Additional
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care
delivery processes, staffing, & budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission & other
federal, state, & local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- PALS certification may be required for positions in specific
- ACLS certification strongly preferred.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in health care related field
preferred.PrimaryLocation : California,Antioch,Antioch Medical
CenterHoursPerWeek : 0Shift : VariableWorkdays : On
CallWorkingHoursStart : On CallWorkingHoursEnd : On CallJob
Schedule : Call-in/On-CallJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
EmployeeJob Level : Team Leader/SupervisorJob Category : Nursing
LicensedDepartment : Antioch Medical Center - Emergency Dept.Travel
: NoKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Antioch , Assistant Department Manager - On-Call Emergency Department, ED - Antioch, Executive , Antioch, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!