Assistant Nurse Manager - Med/Tele
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Sign-on Bonus Eligible Position!Manages activities of the
unit(s), monitors quality, service and utilization standards.
Supervises the day to day shift activities. Essential
- Manages the units day to day clinical operations including
practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management,
and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is
provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local
regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff
development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of
approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on
continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best
level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources
management, department and employee safety programs, and risk
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and
assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level.
Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and
cost effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to
achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches,
identifies, and implements best practice models of other units.
Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
employees. Notes: Working days- every other weekend and
Monday-Friday alternate Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as charge nurse, preceptor,
quality improvement champion or other related leadership
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- High school diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life SupportAdditional Requirements:
- ACLS, PALS, NRP certification may be required for positions in
- Evidence of training completion as preceptor or charge
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care
delivery processes, staffing, & budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission & other
federal, state, & local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
- ACLS certification strongly preferred.COMPANY: KAISERTITLE:
Assistant Nurse Manager - Med/TeleLOCATION: Antioch,
CaliforniaREQNUMBER: 1035950External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not
limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Antioch , Assistant Nurse Manager - Med/Tele, Executive , Antioch, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!