Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
Posted on: March 18, 2023
--Under indirect supervision, provides ambulatory pharmaceutical
care services using approved protocols in collaboration with other
health professional, including managing patient drug therapy,
providing patient education, and preparing and/or overseeing the
preparation and dispensing of medications. --Promotes high quality,
evidence-based, cost-effective pharmaceutical care. --Performs
these duties in the clinical areas assigned.Essential
- Under the direction of the Department manager or designee,
promotes rational and cost-effective Inpatient and Outpatient drug
therapy through close participation in the drug therapy
decision-making process with assigned physicians and other medical
- Provides direction to Pharmacist Residents, Pharmacist Interns,
Pharmacy Technicians, and other non-licensed personnel.
- Conducts patient medication history inquiries upon referral
from physicians and other medical personnel.
- Given a diagnosis, synthesize a treatment plan, which may
include drug therapy and lifestyle modifications, and transition
within the continuum of care settings.
- Identifies, resolves, and prevents potential and actual
medication-related problems including: untreated indications,
improper drug selection, subtherapeutic dosage, overdose, failure
to receive medication, adverse drug reactions, drug interactions,
and medication without indication.
- Under protocol, initiates, adjusts, monitors, and recommends
changes in drug therapy based on information obtained through
patient interviews, objective monitoring parameters, review of drug
profiles and the patient medical record.
- Coordinates and interprets laboratory monitoring of drug
therapy, including serum drug levels, electrolytes, and other
approved drug-related laboratory testing.
- Provides patient monitoring for the purpose of evaluating and
optimizing patient outcomes, drug utilization and patient
compliance, detecting and/or minimizing ADRs, eliminating
unnecessary drug use and duplication.
- Provides patient education related to the individuals disease
state, including predictable actions, side effects, reasons for
proper compliance, and any special instruction.
- Assure ongoing performance improvement of the pharmaceutical
care services provided.
- Provides education to providers and staff via presentations,
newsletters, formal utilization reviews, and one-on-one
- Performs other duties as required.Basic
- Successful completion of a clinical pharmacy residency or
possess the equivalent clinical experience in direct patient care
- B.S. degree in Pharmacy OR Pharm.D required.--License,
- Pharmacist License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association--Additional
- ACLS certification may be required in some areas.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current
pharmacological/biopharmaceutical principles, medical terminology,
pathologies, disease states, and related information for a medical
- Working knowledge of aseptic technique and preparation of
sterile IV products and chemotherapy agents. Knowledge of emergency
medications and drug monitoring.
- Understanding of drug utilization review and drug usage
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws & regulations regarding the
provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to operate the pharmacy computer system(s) and
other equipment. Must be able to input prescription labels.
- Must obtain an NPI # within one month in position.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- N/A--Job Schedule: Job Category: Pharmacy
Keywords: Kaiser, Antioch , Ambulatory Care Pharmacist, Healthcare , Antioch, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...