Clinical Director, Quality Services
Company: Resource Logistics
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Accountable for direction and implementation of activities and
programs for hospital, ambulatory sites, associated alliance
hospitals and other non-KFH facilities in one or more of the
following areas: accreditation, risk management, and infection
control. Aligns programs with performance initiatives and strategic
priorities as defined by leadership. Develops strong collaborative
leadership relationships with TPMG, external regulatory agencies,
accreditation bodies, employer groups. Directs and implements
organization-wide systems and processes for improvement, in
collaboration with clinical and administrative personnel.
- Directs Medical Center activities and programs for hospital and
ambulatory sites which include quality, as well as other focus
areas such as accreditation, regulatory, risk, patient safety
and/or infection control.
- Uses clinical licensure to evaluate and train registered nurses
on performance and processes.
- Develops action plans for improvement of nursing practice.
- Establishes and maintains highly effective working
relationships with key stakeholders and Clients, including
physicians, clinical and administrative leaders, front-line staff,
and external regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Directs the daily operations of the Client, including,
allocating resources and priorities for staff, facilitating team
development; motivation and problem solving; establishing and
meeting Client and organizational goals and ensuring workplace
safety initiatives are implemented.
- Hires, orients, develops, coaches, appraises, rewards and
retains competent personnel. Manages the Client budget
- Directs programs that are consistent with cultural diversity,
healthcare literacy issues and language.
- Directs and manages a strategic data management program and
utilizes data to improve performance of all worker and patient
- Applies the appropriate performance improvement methodology to
address improvement opportunity (eg. MFI, Lean DMAIC).
- Plans and directsthe implementation of programs across the
facility, which encompass strategic planning for the achievement of
- Assists leader with reports on member utilization, network
quality and medical staff credentialing/privileging functions,
contract quality measures contained in the service area contracts,
the care and service outcomes of contracted practitioner/provider
organizations, and the member functions of complaints, grievances
and appeals associated with timely care and service delivery
- Directs and supports the use of evidence based guidelines,
criteria and other clinical tools to reduce variation in clinical
practice and to optimize clinical outcomes.
- Directs member grievance and complaint review process.
- Direct and implement reviews to meet legal and regulatory
requirements for Hospital/Health Plan.
- Collaborates with medical staff to manage the medical staff
functions including peer review and the practitioner performance
review and oversight process.
- Directs and implements accreditation, licensing and regulatory
activities and systems.
- Responsible for meeting all requirements, ensuring compliance
in all applicable settings, and managing reliable processes for
timely and accurate submissions.
- Directs and implements risk mitigation activities and
corrective action plans
- Identifies new legislations effect on Hospital/Health Plan and
implements programs that ensure alignment with new
- Directs implementation of reliable systems that support
evidence based optimal care in both hospital and non-hospital
- Directs and implements comprehensive infection control programs
for surveillance prevention, data analysis and reporting, and
control of infections across hospital, medical group, and
environmental support Clients.
- Develops and plans for patient safety and risk management
programs and development of responsible reporting mechanisms.
- Ensures that the environment of care is safe, functional,
supportive and effective both for the delivery of patient care and
protection of the worker.
- Collaborates with medical staff to direct peer review,
practitioner performance review and oversight process.
- Implements and directs a safe culture through responsible
reporting of unusual events, human factors training, and design of
systems for safe and reliable practices.
- Takes appropriate actions when errors occur and cause harm to
members, patients staff and/or the organization.
- Directs, implement s and evaluates a comprehensive risk
management plan for the facility to reduce or eliminate the
potential for financial loss to reduce medical errors.
- Directs appropriate KFH/Client oversight to address for
hospital/health plan risk issues.
- Collaborates with the ombudsman to ensure rapid resolution of
patient concerns and grievances.
- Directs the significant event management program.
- Minimum five (5) years of combined experience in quality, risk
management, patient safety, infection prevention/
accreditation/regulation, licensing, or clinical operations
leadership in a healtchare setting.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience in a
healthcare setting. Education
- Bachelors degree in health care administration, nursing, or
public administration or related field required. License,
- Pharmacist Doctorate License (California) OR Speech-Language
Pathologist License (California) OR Registered Nurse License
(California) OR Infection Control Certificate required at hire OR
Pharmacist License (California) OR Physical Therapist License
(California) OR Occupational Therapist License (California)
Keywords: Resource Logistics, Antioch , Clinical Director, Quality Services, Healthcare , Antioch, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...