Instrument Technician- Discovery Bay, CA
Location: Discovery Bay
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under general supervision, installs, maintains, calibrates,
troubleshoots, repairs, modifies, and overhauls instrumentation;
controls, communication systems and computer and microprocessor
systems associated with the Sewerage Conveyance/Collection System
and with treatment plants processing of raw sewerage. Also
installs, maintains, calibrates, troubleshoots, repairs, and
overhauls non-process equipment such as, but not limited to,
safety, surveillance and security, and analytical instrumentation.
Work involves exposure to confined entry areas, hazardous gases,
heights, weather, noise, dirt, dust, organic waste, and explosive
environments. Position also requires driving to various Field
locations. Generally works weekdays first shift hours.
Installs, maintains, calibrates, troubleshoots, repairs and
overhauls the indicating, recording, telemetering and controlling
instrumentation (electronic, mechanical, pneumatic) used to measure
and control variables - i.e., pressure, flow, temperature, motion,
force and chemical composition - associated with and including
computer and microprocessor control systems and associated
Implements and maintains a preventative maintenance
Maintains inventory of spare parts and inventory records,
including ordering parts and equipment as needed.
Updates Operating and Maintenance documents, i.e., hard copy and
software as necessary.
Maintains maintenance and repair records on equipment and
Works on energized equipment pertaining to instrumentation.
Troubleshoots and repairs printed circuit boards.
Reads process, instrument, and ladder diagrams, and electronic
and pneumatic schematics.
Works independently or with outside engineers and vendors to
install, startup, test new control systems, modify existing
systems, and act as a resource for Control System Designs as
Assists in "on-the-job" training of other personnel.
Maintains fire alarm systems and surveillance and security
Maintains and troubleshoots electronic and specialized
equipment, such as self-contained breathing apparatus and gas
Analyzes, troubleshoots, and maintains data communication
Interfaces with utilities as necessary, such as the phone
Utilizes AutoCAD and engineering workstation, program and/or
configure control systems logic and user interfaces and tune
control loops on systems such as PLC's.
- Utilizes test equipment such as Oscilloscope, multimeter, etc.
for the maintenance of process instruments and control
- Associate Degree in Electronics Technology from an accredited
technical college or demonstrated ability.
- One to three years experience in the electronics technology
- Knowledge and skills in the principles, practices, concepts and
techniques used in advanced digital and analog electronics.
- Knowledge and skills in advanced mathematics such as geometry,
advanced algebra, and Boolean algebra.
- Knowledge of computer/control systems including ability to
apply digital logic.
- Ability and skills in soldering and desoldering without
- Ability and skill in reading schematics or process and
- Ability and skills in diagnosing and repairing equipment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective public and working
- Ability to wear self-contained breathing apparatus for confined
- Ability to prepare accurate oral and written reports.
- Communicates effectively via written and oral methods with
co-workers, supervisors, managers, and others when necessary.
- Valid driver's license.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia, Antioch , Instrument Technician- Discovery Bay, CA, Other , Discovery Bay, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!