Routine Field Clerk (IBEW) Antioch
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Requisition ID -# 142391 - Job Category: Administrative /
Clerical - Job Level: Individual Contributor Business Unit:
Operations - Other Work Type: Hybrid Job Location: Antioch
Department Overview The men and women of Electric Operations ensure
the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our
customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of
PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations,
including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction,
asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency
response. Position Summary This is an International Brotherhood of
Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 represented classification,
which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at
PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining. This
position provides administrative support to the North Valley
SM&C Superintendent primarily and could be asked to provide
vacation relief of General Construction or Maintenance Crews in the
organization. Responsibilities may include payroll processing,
lodging coordination, personal expense processing, ordering and
delivering materials to the work sites, scheduling meetings,
creating OCR/PCR, communicating Weekly Maintenance On-call lists
and various paperwork processing. The Routine Field Clerk is a
General Construction Title 300 position and individuals must be
able to travel and transfer to a new headquarters upon request at
any time including during emergency or storm response; throughout
the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how
long you will be away from home. This would require working in
extreme weather and at remote locations. This position may require
overtime depending on business need. Job Responsibilities
- Directly supports the North Valley SM&C
- Completes expense reports with supporting documentation;
submits for approval and processing; handles lodging
- Reviews time cards for accuracy and inputs into the payroll
system and submits for approval. Keeps daily contact with crew
foreman for the time and calculates bus fare (mileage for
transfers). Distributes checks. Completes change tags in the
- Orders materials and office supplies based on inventory and
individual requests. Creates material Purchase Orders. Contacts
vendor for pricing information. Delivers materials to job sites in
- Reviews department operations and purchasing invoices for
accuracy. Enters invoices into computer system for payment and
submits requests and documentation to Accounts Payable
- Sorts and delivers interoffice mail.
- Performs order closure tasks.
- Generates and supplies construction crews with job
- Completes and enters third-party or employee claims into
computer system. Tracks and records claims.
- Records safety-related information and training information.
Performs data entry for department including customer notification
mileage information, paving work, application forms and service
- Files paperwork, including employee bid sheets and employee
files for the department.
- Provides administrative support to the department supervisor,
including answering of phones, taking messages, scheduling meetings
and preparing meeting agendas.
- Provides miscellaneous administrative support to employees
which may include completing forms and applications, technical
assistance, materials tracking, training, and coordinating Workers
Compensation appointments as needed.
- S/T OEC Emergency member supporting the SM&C Superintendent
when they are the Incident Commander for Substation. This has
annual availability requirements when on call. -
- Provide support during emergency events and wear FR clothing
- During a fire emergency event, must be able to sleep in
sleepers and stay at Base Camp. Qualifications Minimum:
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License by day 1 of
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon
request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service
territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays,
and various work schedules.
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) as necessary. Desired Qualifications:
- Ability to obtain forklift certification
- Data Entry experience
- SAP experience
- Ariba experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and
- Demonstrated experience with Payroll time entry
- Demonstrated experience with Concur expense reporting
- Graduate from the PowerPathway - Program
- Relevant Hiring Hall experience
- Relevant PG&E experience
- Previous Military experience
- To better represent the communities we serve, applicants who
live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given
preference Pre-Employment Testing PG&E Employees: You must have
qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an
application, and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For
more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including
study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program
- Clerical Test Battery
- Typing Test-15WPM
- Work Orientation Inventory-Clerical
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Antioch , Routine Field Clerk (IBEW) Antioch, Other , Antioch, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!