Company: First Transit
Posted on: May 20, 2023
First Transit has been purchased by Transdev and will be the
employer for this job posting. We are the leading integrator and
operator of multiple modes of transportation. With a combined
presence in 43 US states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have lots of
opportunities for growth! You can find additional job opportunities
and locations directly at www.transdevNA.jobs . Become a Router
with First Transit! Job Purpose Under general direction, perform
all duties related to the scheduling function at the local level.
Our Routers will enjoy:
- $17.00 / HR
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan Major
- Create an accurate scheduling framework for same day
- Insert, change and move trips to promote efficiency.
- Prioritize and respond effectively to changing situations.
- Anticipate potential trouble and respond accordingly.
- Route trips from manual trip tickets as necessary.
- Possess in depth knowledge of geographic service area.
- Display proficiency in working with street/electronic
- Promote the safety of all drivers and passengers.
- Assist and promote the success of the operators.
- Promote team atmosphere with respect to communication and
- Project and maintain fair and equal treatment of drivers.
- Provide Superior Customer Service.
- Enter new route standing orders.
- Make any necessary changes to existing standing orders.
- Review status of service delivery and respond to inquires
regarding individual ride status.
- Respond to customer with either a time, or inform them of a
- Maximize schedule efficiency by inserting manual trip tickets
and rearranging computerized routing as necessary.
- Inform customers of any changes to previously scheduled trips.
Do not dispute a customer's refusal to accept an alternate time if
their previous time was confirmed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work flexible hours within a 7 day work week to include
evenings and holidays. Experience & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Benefits administration
- Strong training skills
- Ability to learn computer software (i.e.,Trapeze) and computer
skills (i.e., Excel and Word).
- Computer skills and general office/ clerical skills
- Strong Attendance record First for a Reason Benefits We offer
competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role,
location, and business), including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
holiday/vacation. Diversity & Inclusion Because we're stronger
together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working
environment for everyone every day. Professional Advancement Start
here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means
tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence
across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager
Program prepares future leaders at First Transit. Extensive
Training Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and
security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job
efficiency. Community Service & Impact Go where opportunity meets
community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As
the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your
community, you'll have a positive impact on others. We aspire to
have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and
retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Transit, Antioch , Router, Professions , Antioch, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...